Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Prom 2015 {Making my Prom Dress}

I can't believe prom is already over! Where did I get my dress you ask? I made it! Well, most of it... I actually took a vintage beaded dress that I found at Goodwill, and resized/ redesigned it to fit me and the style I was going for. To be honest, it turned out much better than I had expected! Here is a picture of the dress before

diy prom dress, vintage prom dress

As you can see, the fit and design is quite old fashioned, so I decided to shorten it, take off the sleeves and bring up the neckline. I ended up cutting it in half, shortening the two pieces, rewrapping the wrap skirt part, and sewing it back together with a brand new zipper. Let me tell you, it takes a lot of patience... I had to hammer the beads off before sewing, and I had to carefully rip seams and figure out how to actually make the thing fit haha. Not to mention I hand sewed it all because the beaded fabric was so difficult! And then I added a tulle skirt underneath that I made removable in case I wanted to wear the dress short for a different occasion. Blood, sweat and tears ladies and gentlemen. Fashion is hard work. 

Anyways, here is the finished product!

diy prom dress, handmade prom dress

diy prom dress, handmade prom dress


prom 2015

prom 2015, diy prom dress, handmade prom dress

prom 2015, diy prom dress, handmade prom dress

frozen yogurt, prom 2015

chocolate fountain and bacon, prom 2015

prom 2015 Lauren Banawa

Overall, I had such an amazing time! I went to dinner before the dance, and then we got frozen yogurt! And after the dance we went out for another dinner because, you know, all that dancing burns your calories haha. Oh my goodness, I almost forgot... there was a chocolate fountain AND they had a cup full of BACON! Bacon and chocolate is actually a pretty good combo actually... Don't judge! But anyways, it was so great hanging out with my amazing date and all my friends! Everyone looked gorgeous, it was a great way to end my senior year! Hope you guys have a fabulous day and PROM!!!

XO, Lauren

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What are casual dresses and formal dresses?
    Dresses are the most popular outfit for men and women all the time. Casual outfits are equally popular as compared to the formal ones, as these two fashion styles follow different event and occasion with particular dressing codes.

    Casual Dresses are those that are used for any casual events or at home or a casual walk to your nearest market and even a casual visit to your near and dear ones. Casual dresses have the comfort or any kind of modification or a cocktail design to it, those old fashioned classic dresses, reinvented with modern look. Casual Most Unique Prom Dress target the comfort label more than the overall look and decency one expects from you.

    ReplyDelete