Sunday, December 20, 2015

Striped Jersey Shift Dress + Etsy Shop!

jersey shift dress, striped jersey dress, 60s inspired dress, sleeveless t-shirt dress, Lauren Banawa, high neck dress

jersey shift dress, striped jersey dress, 60s inspired dress, sleeveless t-shirt dress, Lauren Banawa, high neck dress

Ever since the end of my senior year of high school, which was late May of this year, I noticed that I wasn't sewing as much. Many factors went into it, preparing for college, not having fabric, and being lazy. I was finally re-inspired when I took a Costume Design/ Construction class this past semester, which was my first semester in college! I learned everything from how to make my own patterns to installing a zipper! It was honestly one of the best decisions I've ever made haha and it led to me declaring my major as Costume Design. So with my new skills and a new inspiration, I began sewing again. Really, I feel bad for my sewing machine because it hasn't had a break since august... But anyways, my garments now look a million times more professional, leading me to my next point:

I STARTED AN ETSY SHOP!!! Yayyyyy! 

So I made this dress because I was bored and I've been wanting a dress like this since the summer. I made the pattern based on all my personal measurements, made sure all the details were in place, and I finally finished. Of course, I had to share it with all my friends, which included my dad lol, and I had a lot of feedback from people saying they wanted one! (Even from my dad's friends!) So that's when I decided to open my own Etsy shop, and this dress is what I'm starting with for now. This way I can get used to incorporating orders into my schedule or school, YouTube, and blogging. 

Sooooo if you like this sixties inspired striped jersey dress, definitely check out my shop if you want one! You can style this dress with both dainty and statement jewelry, and it can be dressed up or dressed down. Oh my gosh, imagine it with a black leather jacket!!! If only my black leather jacket wasn't totally falling apart haha. I have a jean jacket though, and that would look equally amazing too!! The styling possibilities really are endless. I don't know if you can tell, but I'm kinda excited! Anyways, as much as I would love to blabber on about all the ways to style this dress, I must bid you adieu. Until next time, have a fabulous day!

XO, Lauren


No comments:

Post a Comment