Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Fashion Helping The World

I recently purchased a couple of accessories that were really inspiring. Not because of how they looked, but because of their purpose. The first item I purchased was this cute shoulder/ cross body bag that doubles as a mini tote. In addition to looking cute, it actually provides 20 meals to starving children and families in America! That's amazing! And the founder has the same first name as me so I thought that was pretty cool too!

feedbagandtag

This bag is sold at Target along with the rest of the FEED collection! You can check out the collection here: http://www.target.com/c/feed-usa/-/N-55tua#?lnk=feedSS

And you can find out more about FEED here: http://www.feedprojects.com/

My second purchase was this beautiful beaded bracelet that gives women in Nepal a source of income to provide for their families. It is handmade and I just love the pattern so much!

nepalbraceletandtag

I got it from this church gift shop when I went on vacation and the company is Alexa's Angels. Here's the website: http://www.alexas-angels.com/consumer/

I'm not sure if they sell these online though, but you can still check it out!

Anyways, I just love the idea of fashion helping the world. When I have my own company and my own fashion line, that's what I want to be like. I want to help others in need while fulfilling my dreams! I hope you enjoyed this post and don't forget to check out the links because it's really inspiring!

XO, Lauren

1 comment: