Wednesday, September 24, 2014

OOTD with Lauren and Ana | Patterns!



I love wearing patterns! I think they're really cool and expressive and you can show your personality or how you feel depending on what pattern you wear. Ana and I made an outfit of the day video and both of our outfits have cute patterns! It's super short, and I didn't get to say much because I didn't have that much footage, but I still wanted to share some of my tips for wearing patterns/ prints! So here they are:

1.) It's okay to mix patterns, as long as they're in the same color palette or the colors are complementary. It also looks better if one of the patterns is small and the other is bigger.

2.) If you don't want to mix patterns, then pair a patterned piece of clothing with a solid garment like jeans or a solid color shirt.

3.) Make sure the pattern doesn't swallow you up. Make sure it looks proportional on your body. Small prints work best for petites.

I hope these were helpful to you guys, and I hope that you'll be inspired to be a little bolder and try out some really cool prints! It's super fun, and you can definitely experiment with different prints you like! Let me know what your favorite print to wear is!! Have a fabulous day!

XO, Lauren

For more outfits click here!

No comments:

Post a Comment