Sunday, February 1, 2015

How to De Clutter Your Life

how to de clutter your life

Happy February! Sundays, for me, are always about relaxing, refreshing, and getting everything cleaned, organized and prepped for the week. Same with the first day of a new month! As I was cleaning out my backpack, I had the idea of writing about how to de clutter your life. Here's what I came up with:

1.) Get rid of all trash. This is the simplest way to de clutter. 

2.) Donate what you don't need, such as clothing, books, furniture, etc. You'll have more room for the energy to flow and more room for things that you actually like. That polka dot sweater that you haven't worn in 2 years might be holding you back... you never know...

3.) Clean out your phone and other devices! Get rid of pictures, apps, notes, music, etc. that you don't need. Most people carry their phone with them everywhere, so if you don't clean it out, you'll never get away from the clutter. Only keep what you need.

4.) Keep a planner and/or reminder board. I have a planner so that I stay on top of my homework and so I know when important dates are coming up, and I have a cork board to hang important papers and reminders. Definitely helpful with organization and keeping your tasks prioritized! I have less to think about if I write it down, which means less cluttered thoughts. 

5.) Keep a journal. This also goes along with de cluttering your thoughts. I've found that I like to write in a journal every night to just kind of close the day and get everything out of my head before I go to sleep. If I need to remember something, I can go back and see what I wrote.

6.) Meditate. Think about what you need to do. What's bothering you? Then find a solution and fix it. Yes, some things may be more complicated, but it's important to reflect and think for a second. You'll feel more refreshed if you actually take time to think instead of constantly running until you run out of gas. You can put things in perspective and change your attitude!

So that's all I have right now, but I hope it helps! Have a fabulous February!

1 comment: