Friday, July 17, 2015

"A Hot Glue Gun Mess" Book Review

a hot glue gun mess book review, mr. kate book review

When I first heard that Mr. Kate was coming out with a book, I immediately knew that I had to have it. If you don't know who Mr. Kate is, she is blogger/ YouTuber/ jewelry designer/ interior designer/ just an overall creative and quirky person. My favorite are her DIY projects, which are really great because she shows you how to turn ordinary things, such as things you might find at a thrift store, into amazing pieces of decor, clothing and accessories! Super fun stuff babes, you must check her out! She is one of my biggest inspirations because she's just totally herself and super super creative! Anyways, back to the book! I purchased it at Barnes and Noble the day it was released and from the second it was in my hands, I could not put it down until I finished it that night. Basically, the book consists of funny stories from Kate's life and DIY projects inspired by these stories. Let me warn you though, some stories (more like most of them) contain topics that are a bit mature if you know what I mean, so either don't read them or don't say I didn't warn you haha. Overall it gave me a good laugh and it was interesting to see little tidbits of her life. Lets see...
My favorite story would probably be "Chapter 47: One Flew Into The Cuckoo's Nest," which is about one of Kate's cats, but that's all I'm gonna tell you because you should read it haha! It was super funny and cute, and I felt like I could relate because I'd probably have the same reaction as her! On the other hand, a few of my favorite DIY projects in A Hot Glue Gun Mess would be the Bleached Feather-Print Scarf, Barrette Epaulettes, and Wire Scroll Jewelry. It was hard to choose because I seriously want to try them all!! No joke. Anyways, just wanted to share this amazing find with you! Have a fabulous day!

XO, Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment