Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Falling for Maroon

maroon1  maroon2

maroon3  maroon4

I've been thinking about some outfits for fall and back to school, and I've really been loving the color maroon! It reminds me of the warm and cozy feeling of autumn. Since it is still pretty warm in the fall (at least it is where I live), I wanted to find ways to make a "summery" outfit look more fall like, and I ended up with this outfit! It is still cool enough to wear in hot weather, but the maroon skirt makes it look somewhat cozier. So if you want to transition summer outfits into fall outfits, I suggest using darker/ deeper colors that look kind of "warm and cozy" if that makes sense. Try colors like maroon, mustard yellow, brown (be careful, don't get a gross looking brown), deep purple, navy, dark army green, etc. I hope this helped or inspired you! 

OUTFIT DETAILS: Vintage Radio Shirt - Flea Market ($1), Maroon Skirt - Pacsun/ Brandy Melville ($10 with coupon), Black Sunglasses - Aeropostale ($5 on sale), Gold Dangle Earrings - a gift, Coach Sneakers - Ross ($50?)

XO, Lauren

6 comments:

  1. Lovely look! Please take a look and follow my style blog! www.charnellegeraldine.wordpress.com :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute outfit, maroon is a great color!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much! I never paid attention to the color before but I saw this skirt and now it's really growing on me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey! Just letting you know I nominated you for the Liebster Award! http://wp.me/p3HxbA-64

    ReplyDelete